Sunday, January 11, 2009

Spot The Sig!- 2nd Inning

Here is this weeks Spot The Sig!, good for a Double.



Bonus Question: Team Phungo is in a slump. By my count I have opened 18 consecutive packs without drawing a single Phillies Card. No I am not talking about a hit or special card. I am talking about any old Phil No Utley, Howard, Rollins No Bruntlett, Condrey, or Jenkins either. Hard to imagine considering the Hobby is pretty Phils friendly right now - 18 packs! 4 Stadium Club (with 3 dupes in the 4 packs), 1 2008 Goudey, 3 UH + Heritage combo Packs, 2 Bowman Draft Picks, 6 Donruss Threads, 1 2006 Bazooka, 1 2005 Fleer Platinum

Here are the next 4 packs I intend to open.


For the Bonus pick which pack will finally yield a Phil. Not which pack contains the most Phils. I just want to know the pack that will contain the first Phillies card. I will be opening them in order of number of cards in the pack smallest to largest.

1) UD Masterpieces (Retail from a blaster)
2) 05 UD MVP Baseball (retail - repack)
3) 08 Bowman Hobby (Hobby)
4) 06 Fleer Ultra (retail - repack)

and if that doesn't work I am going to open 2 more UD Masterpieces from the blaster - I will refer to these as Packs 5 and 6.

So pick any of the 4 packs or even the 5 or 6 or you can pick tough luck Phungo your up the creek and You ain't gettin no Phillies cards.

As for the bonus. Multiple folks can pick the same pack. and the bonus is good for a full on single instead of the typical walk or Stolen Base. I will give everybody 24 hours to file their answer for the bonus question.

ahhh....Felt good to rant about my dry streak.

The current STS! standings after 1 inning.

PTBNL
- repsresentin those Fightin Phillies - 5 Runs - Man on 2nd.
Stats on the Back - Mets - 1 Run in - Man on 3rd
Cardboard Junkie - Braves - 1 Run in - Man on First
Night Owl - Dodgers - 1 Run in man on first
Cardboard Addiction - Bosox - Man on First
A Cardboard Problem - Yankees - on Deck
Covered in Wrappers - Cardinals - On Deck


For further information regarding the Phungo Spot the Sig! contest click here and join the party - you just may find yourself with a stack of cards come spring training!

10 comments:

night owl said...

Alex Rios

And you're not going to get a Phillie until the fourth pack (the Fleer Ultra)

(also, I'm listed twice in the standings for some reason)

deal said...

Well Done! - Somebody breaks the PTBNL streak. Perhaps you will get the bonus and score another run.

Hopefully I will break the no-Phillies Streak.

Listed Twice - damn quality control took the nite off. I think you passed somebody last week, and I skipped you ahead and forgot to delete the original.

night owl said...

I got lucky: I was waiting for it, and you posted during a brief 15-minute down period at work.

Patsearcher said...

Wow, that's an A? Oh well. I'll go with the Bowman Hobby.

deal said...

Did you know it from seeing it before or did you run out to ebay and take a look??

Just wanted to let everyone know that even though Night Owl has Spotted the Sig in a whopping 10 minutes that they have till 10:30 PM on Mon Night to submit entries for the bonus.

night owl said...

I knew it was Alex as the first name and I knew it wasn't ARod's signature. The next person that popped in my head was Rios. I did a quick search and there you go.

Sooz said...

I'll go with masterpieces.

dayf said...

I guess I'll take MVP since that's left. Robin Roberts retro card!

Nachos Grande said...

I'll say Masterpieces has a Phillie in it.

deal said...

Welcome to the game fan of Reds, and definitely good call on the Will Forte BCS piece on SNL that you posted.

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions