Thursday, February 5, 2015

2015 Topps First Look

First 2015T purchase was at my local big box. I picked up what has been my traditional first purchase the last couple of years: Three 12 card packs for $1.99 each plus one hanger pack $9.99 (72 Cards).

I believe this is the same prices as a year ago.   

This is just a quick look at a couple of cards from the bounty.

First Card
2015 Topps Bryce Brentz

A prospect in the Red Sox organization, I am familiar with him from seeing him play at the 2013 AA All-Star game in Reading

First Phillies Card 
2015 Topps David Buchanan

The first Phillies card of the year was of David Buchanan who will likely be a back end of the rotation starter this season.

Almost at the same time I found the above Buchanan card, my assistant Ms Phungo found this card.



2015 Topps Carlos Ruiz 

CHOOOOOCH! The man who Buchanan will be pitching to this season. Good looking card, action preceding a play at the plate.


2015 Topps Checker Derek Jeter

There was a bit of a twitter kerfuffle over Derek Jeter being on Card #1 of 2015T. I didn't get it, he is an iconic player why not card 1. This however is not card 1 this is a checklist that falls later in the set.



2015 Topps Yamani Grandal

There is some great photography in Topps the last couple of years. I think the tattoo Grandal is sporting is a Tazmanian Devil in catchers gear. If it is, I have total respect for the man.


2015 Topps Khris Davis

I like this one for both the in action and the Pirates font on the wall distance sign


2015 Topps Jackie Bradley Jr

I love this. Corner to Corner for Jackie Bradley Jr

Inserts
Archetypes Hank Aaron Nolan Ryan

I didn't really look into the inserts, just posting some quick pix.

Jackie Robinson Story Insert

The Jackie Robinson card is from a special insert set produced for Target. It appears this replaces the red parallel cards.

First Home Run Matt Carpenter & Don Mattingly

These two cards were at the end of the Hanger pack, I think they are a regular insert. Cool idea to honor different players first homers.

2015 Topps Index
This post will act as an index for my musing on 2015 Topps
Variation: S1 #216 Greg Holland


Thats a Wrap


Sources & Links
Cardboard Connection

No comments:

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions