Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 Pull N Junk Playoffs: Best Pull - First Quarter Final

Ok now that the Junk Playoffs have reached the Finals We will start up the Best Pull Playoffs.  These aren't quite as much fun, and I will hopefully run through them much quicker then the Junk Playoffs.
We have four cards from the first quarter of 2010
January
2009 Topps T206 #138 mini Elvis Andrus (SP)
The first mini is the SP, the latter card is the Base, shown here for reference.  I like Andrus and this SP mini is even cooler after the Rangers got into the World Series. 

For more information on these cards click:
February
1963 Topps #318 Gene Mauch
I actually just traded this card away MCG tradeathon over at Play at the PlateI still have 2 codes to redeem - and meant to prior to the tradeathon closing but haven't gotten around to it.  
The 63 Mauch is a great vintage card from my favorite team, but in the end I couldn't justify the cost of shipping the card.  
PATP running the Tradeathon is a great idea.  To me this is what the cardblogosphere is about - We share a common interest and can join together and get a couple of really great cards rather than a walking away with nothing.       

For more information on this cards click:
March
2010 Topps Opening Day #13 Shane Victorino (#d 0782/2010)
2010 Topps Heritage #61RM-13 Maris Chase '61 13th Homer
For more information on these cards click:
There you have our four contenders for the first quarter of 2010.  Please vote in the comments.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

I vote for the Andrus, purely because it's my favorite card of the bunch

Play at the Plate said...

As a Rangers fan, I have to vote for Andrus. I wanted to vote for the Mauch card. I already have offers out to try to secure something nice and vintage for the tradeathon.

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions