Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Roy Hallday (1977 - 2017)

Yesterday we got the news that Roy Halladay died in a plane crash.

2012 07 21 Roy Halladay at Photo Day

While the circumstances are horrible, it was good to hear all the reports of what a terrific person Roy Halladay was off the field. He appeared to be enjoying his post playing career spending time with his family and friends. During a press conference yesterday Cole Hamels showed tremendous poise, articulately discussing Halladay as a Mentor, Ballplayer and Friend.

For out tribute to Roy Halladay I went with a picture of him from the Phillies 2012 Photo Day rather than a card. After hearing so many folks talk about how great Halladay was as a person, I wanted to note the person rather than the ballplayer.

Here is an index of the many Roy Halladay postings that have appeared on Phungo. The NLDS No-Hitter in 2010 will always be one of my favorite sports memories, you can see some pix and read a few of my thoughts here.

Blogs are not as active as they were at one time, but I will be adding the Roy Halladay tributes to this posting as they arrive.

Memorial Postings
Phillies Room (2011 Allen Ginter #N43-RH)
Night Owl Cards (2009 UD OPC)
1960s Baseball (2011 Topps)
Not Another Baseball Card Blog
Ryan Cracknell Beckett
Wrigley Roster Jenga (2010 Heritage / 1961 Topps)
The Writers Journey (Twitter Compilation)
I Need New Hobbies (2007 Allen Ginter)
The Snorting Bull (1997 Bowman Autograph)
$30 a Week Habit (Donruss Studio)
Cardboard Greats (Topps National Chicle)
I Draw Baseball Cards (2013 Topps Custom)

High Heat Stats (1962 Topps Retro)

Sources and Links
Roy Halladay Index
Baseball-Ref

    

1 comment:

Tony Burbs said...

Thank you including a link to my brief tribute. Halladay was always one of my favorite non-Cubs and I actively admired him. Life is a precious, but fragile, thing.

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions