Sunday, January 24, 2010

Swag from Cards on Cards

2008 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospect #BDPP84 Pablo Sandoval
2008 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospect #BDPP69 Andrew McCutchen


Originally this trade started out with Some 08 Heritage heading to Cards on Cards for a couple of 2008 Bowman Draft Futures Game cards. I was able to knock 6 cards off of my want list from this set. Hard to believe the 08 Futures Game was only a year and a half ago and these two players are already making a significant impact. If anyone can help I am collecting the 2008 Bowman Draft Cards that feature players in the Futures Game. They are numbered BDPP66-BDPP110.

C on C and I then thought it would be prudent to expand the trade out to include some Phils and Cardinals. Kerry sent out a great package including these highlights:


2007 Topps Heritage Flashbacks #FB9 Richie Ashburn
2007 Topps All-Star #AS7 Chase Utley
2009 Topps #UH218 Cliff Lee (#d 1984/2009)

I am not sure what set the Utley All-Star card is from, I know I have seen lots o these but just don't remember the set - I am pretty sure it isn't Updates and Highlights.

And a bunch of O-Pee-Chee Cards that are all new to me:


1987 O-Pee-Chee #255 Juan Samuel
1978 O-Pee-Chee #93 Garry Maddox

And a good mix of new and old cards from various products


The Carlton Card in the middle is an old school mini.

Thanks to ConC for the trade - and enjoy the Heritage Cards!

2 comments:

madding said...

Glad you liked the cards. The Utley card is a rack pack-only insert from 2007 Topps Series 1. You got one insert per pack, but no chance of any other inserts.

deal said...

Thats right - I knew I saw those in rack packs somewhere.

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions