Friday, December 14, 2012

2011 Phungo #32 Josh Hamilton

Some Phungo Cards I am not very proud of - misspellings, or I put down the wrong position - The weakest are the ones with shoddy photography.  Sometimes the cards look like outtakes from 1982 fleer

2011 Phungo #32 Josh Hamilton

I do drop my standards on the pix for a variety of reasons. Overall lack of inventory is the number one reason, although after close to 5 years and a camera upgrade I am starting to build a solid base of player photos. 

The other big reason is building an interesting checklist.  Each year I try and get cards out for the winners of the MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year. In 2010 the AL MVP was Josh Hamilton, thus this rather distant photo of Mr Hamilton made the cut for the 2011 Phungo Set. 

This photo is from a game in August of 2010 when Cliff Lee was starting vs the Orioles.  Of course, since I made the special trip to see Lee pitch, he got bombed.  That didn't hamper Hamilton who went 3-5 with 3 RBIs including a 2 run homer.  He wasn't the big sluggin star of the day however - that belonged to O's thirdbaseman Josh Bell who had 2 of his four career homers that day.

The photo above was taken during a Rangers pitching change.  That is likely David Murphy in the foreground shielding Brandon Boggs from view.  Aside form being taken at a distance the shot is pretty boring.  Nothing is happening the faces are just blobs - I suppose I can defend the photo by saying you can tell it is Hamilton if that is what your told. 

Since Josh Hamilton is staying in the AL West, I am not sure I will get many better photos of him.  I have the Angels on my todo list for 2013 - Hamilton, Trout and Pujols are all subjects I would like to get on card - we will see what the upcoming season holds for Phungo Photography - hopefully it is better then 1982 Fleer.

No comments:

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions