Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Phun Stuff - Taste Like Dirt

One of my card collecting goals is to get involved in more trading this year and recently Team Phungo and Taste Like Dirt put together a trade.

Jim from TLD Features the Oakland A's and the occasional Rock n Roll post. TLD also features some great game Photos and has been a source of some helpful info regarding my own photography.

I sent some A's out to TLD and in return I got a bunch of 2008 Topps Series 2 that I needed for the set. One of the highlights is Freddy Sanchez:

2008 Topps #462 Freddy Sanchez

Why is this card a highlight? I just love the fact that you can see the birthday list in the background. This is likely from a game played May 17th (Sugar Ray's Birthday), although of what year, I don't know. It appears to be a home Day game, but I couldn't track one of those down for the Bucos over the last couple of years. But how cool would it be to be Marty Gallagher and have your name immortalized on a baseball card!

I am down to the last 19 cards that I need for the 08 series 2 set, any help would be appreciated. My Want list is here.

I am going to be more active in trading this year, and have some somewhat updated Want Lists here. The dupes lists aren't as up to date, but can give you an idea of some stuff I have that is looking for a good home. I will likely be liquidating my 07 Topps and 07 and 08 UD at some point if anyone needs those to complete their sets.

No comments:

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions