Sunday, February 22, 2009

Spot the Sig! - 8th inning


We are on to the 8th inning. This weeks auto I consider pretty easy and is good for a double.

The bonus question relates to the card that this sig comes from, What Serial Number is this cards serial number. The bonus is good for a walk or stolen base.

and CONGRATULATIONS to PTBNL!

Yes, As spring training begins, we near the end of the Spot The Sig! competition. And I must tell you that I am pretty sure we can declare a Winner! Yep PTBNL's six run lead is likely insurmountable.

The W is much deserved. If my arithmetic is correct we have had 15 autos so far and PTBNL has gotten eight which is more than half of them. I think perhaps Card Buzz would have given him a run if he had gotten involved earlier. Regardless PTBNL is our winner, Congratulations again to PTBNL!

I think a lot of folks are in competition for the runner up spot and something makes me think there may be a couple of 2nd place prizes laying around here that can be doled out. I would like to thank everyone for their participation. The competition was intended to keep everyone in touch with baseball during the off season. I hope everyone has enjoyed the contest, and I will probably rerun Spot the Sig! sometime in the future - likely next off season, perhaps sooner if people really clamor for another round.

Let me know via comments or email if you thought the autos were to hard, to easy, to obscure, to similar, or whatever. Same goes for the bonus Questions.

Here are the standings going into the 8th inning.

PTBNL - repsresentin those Fightin Phillies - 9 Runs - bases empty
Night Owl - Dodgers - 3 Runs in man on 2nd
Cardboard Junkie - Braves - 3 Runs in - bases empty
Card Buzz - Angels - 2 runs in on Vlad Guerrero Home Run! Bases empty.
Stats on the Back - Mets - 1 Run in - Man on 3rd
Nachos Grande - Reds - 1 Run in. Man on First
Cardboard Addiction - Bosox - Man on First
A Cardboard Problem - Yankees - man on first.
Covered in Wrappers - Cardinals - On Deck

For further information regarding the Phungo Spot the Sig! contest click here and join the party.

6 comments:

mmosley said...

I'm here, ready to play, and I don't know the answer.

Bonus: 119

mmosley said...

FREDDY SANCHEZ!!!!!!

Nachos Grande said...

Sanchez is right it looks like...

I'll go with 12 for the bonus

Patsearcher said...

It's a good thing I built that early lead. School work has largely kept me away at 9:30 recently. Anyway, I'll guess 37

night owl said...

No chance. I'm at work.

Serial number: 99.

deal said...

Way to stick w/ it Stats. Freddy Sanchez is correct. will be back with standings and a profile on Tuesday or Weds. I will leave the bonus Q open till 5p on Tues.

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions