Sunday, February 1, 2009

Phungo Cards - Rob Davis

One more football post and then back to good old Baseball.

2009 Phungo #27 Rob Davis

I am sure most folks are wondering "who the heck is Rob Davis?". Rob Davis was the Long Snapper for the Green Bay Packers. I am now sure your wondering, why the heck is a Minnesota Vikings fan featuring a Green Bay Packer. Well Rob Davis is the first person from my Alma Mater, Shippensburg University, to play in the NFL. Davis played in the NFL for 12 seasons and was a member of the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl XXXII squad. He retired following the 2007 season.

As far as the card, I took the photo prior to a Monday game versus the Eagles. The Eagles ended up winning the game by a 31-9 after a pretty tight first half. I listed Davis' position as 'LS' for long snapper. The card number of 27 has no significance, and I am pretty sure this is the only football card in the 2009 Phungo Set. I also believe there has never been a card published my one of the major card companies of Davis, other than possibly local team sets.

No comments:

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions