Monday, June 7, 2010

Phungo 5 with Padrographs

Team Phungo has been away for a much needed week of vacation in the Outerbanks of North Carolina. It is a great place to both have fun and relax, especially if you can go with a dozen very good friends.

Upon my returning home I do get to do another thing I enjoy, and that is getting the Phungo blob back up and running with some current info. Today we kick off June with the return of Phungo 5 and a chat with Rod from Padrographs.

Aside from giving us a rundown on San Diego Padres Autograph cards (largely TTMs), Rod also helps keep us up to date on the literature surrounding the sport. This past winter Padrographs also hosted very fun and successful edition of
Spot the Sig!


Are the surprising Padres a playoff team?
I hope so, but I am afraid to get up hopes up after 1984 and 1998.

What trading
card set has been the most conducive for TTM requests for a Padres fan.
Topps Total and Upper Deck 40 man. Since then I like the Allan & Ginter

2009 Topps American Heritage #99 Ralph Ellison

You list Authors among the cards you collect. What sets contain your favorite author cards?
So far the Topps American Heritage set, but the more I look there are a lot of author cards from lots of years, even some cool vintage sets.

There have been several baseball related books to be released in the past several years, in your opinion why is this happening?

Cause everything is cyclical. The authors have seen the cycles in the card industry are investigating what is happening. And they know that the main people collecting are not kids but adults who want to know more about cards or want to reflect on what cards mean to us.

What is the best thing on the McDonalds Menu?
The McRib when they have, although I have used Mickey D's to super size me and am now avoiding it so I can downsize me.


Phungo 5 Box Score

Wow where do I start - High marks all around, Thanks for bringing the McRib back. I doubt I will ever try one again - those can't be healthy at all, but I sure did like them when I could still frequent the golden arches.

Also Interesting insight into the book world and how it affects our hobby. 5 out of 5 for Padrographs.

Looking Back

For a look back at a previous Phungo 5 Click here for to see our conversation with Thoughts and Sox

No comments:

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions