Tuesday, December 7, 2010

2010 Pull N Junk Playoffs: Junk - First Quarter

I am going to start with Junk first - The Junk pulls are so much more fun.  Here are the nominees for Junk of the Year from the First Quarter.


January

2009 Topps T206 #26 Chein-Ming Wang
Topps gets the nod here for including Wang in a year end set despite that fact that he barely played (and poorly at that) for a World Championship Team.
 

February

Chunky guys from 2010 UD 
Pablo Sandoval
Marlon Byrd
Carlos Lee

I didn't like this set at all.  It was just drab.    


March


 
 2010 Topps Opening Day #M15 Mr Met

Any Mr Met card is sure to get a Junk o the Month nomination from Team Phungo 

Ok Your Turn Phungo Readers:

What is Junk of the Month for the first Quarter of 2010:
1 - Chien Ming Wang
2 - Pablo Sandoval
3 - Marlon Byrd
4 - Carlos Lee
5 - Mr Met


Please vote in the Comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Met. I loathe those mascot cards.

BTW, I may have some of yer needs if I dig deep on 07 Bowman and 08 Topps inserts and 08 Heritage.

dayf said...

Mr. Met! How can Topps make a mascot card into an insert in a 'kid friendly' set?

BA Benny said...

Pablo Sandoval gets my vote. I have done fundraisers with Mr Met for Special Olympic so show him some love here people.

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions