Sunday, October 5, 2014

Philly Show 2014 09 28 - Autographs & Relics

Taking a bit of a break from our playoff coverage to look at some Autographs and Relics that we picked up at the Philly Show last weekend.

I dabbled in autographs a bit when I first returned to collecting, but I don't really prospect or flip. I just try and get a handful of interesting cheap ones at each big show I visit. Most stay in my collection, a few I send out to fellow card bloggers or trade.

2012 Bowman Chrome Trevor May

In Decmber of 2012 Trevor May along with Vance Worley were traded by the Phillies to the Twins for Ben Revere.  Prior to 2012 May was the #69 MLB prospect according to Baseball America. He had a mediocre 2012 and '13 seasons, but excelled at AAA this past year.

May earned a Major League promotion to the Twins big club in August, His results were poor (7.88 ERA in 45+ innings across 10 games/9 starts). I don't think May should be discouraged with his debut, he just turned 25 as the season ended, and still has time to develop even if he will need to at the major league level.    


This card went for $2 - Phillies Auto Collection

2013 Topps Chasing History Adam Dunn

This card has a the retiring Adam Dunn and honors his 400th Home Run which he hit on August 8 2012

I was attracted to the dark blue pinstriped swatch. I have no idea what uniform that is, or if it the White Sox wear it, It is a dark blue navy with a pinstripe. Kind of pops on the card. Regardless, it is not from the Jersey that Dunn wore the night he hit the Home Run. The White Sox wore all black for a game in Kansas City. Note that photo on the card makes no attempt to honor the fidelity of the milestone.

$2 mid-level star, pinstriped Relic


2013 Topps Chasing History Carlos Santana
2011 Bowman Sterling Danny Duffy RC
2011 Bowman Chrome Cutter Dykstra 
2012 A&G auto Annie Duke AGA-ADK

Couple of Random Autos here - Santana on another Chasing History Card $3 and I figured the BowSter Danny Duffy RC was worth $2 with the Royals headed to the playoffs.

Meadow Soprano's Husband went for $2 and he has Phillies connections, Cutter Dykstra had a meh .279/.356/.399 line in 433 PA across 2 levels in 2014. He is at AA in the Nats system, but I don't see him being a threat to the Phillies any time season.

Finally we have the one auto I through real money down for. Poker player Annie Duke drew $10 out of my pocket, solely based on the cache that seems to go to A&G autograph subjects



Auto-Relic All-Stars
2013 Topps Triple Threads #TTR-JV1 Justin Verlander 

Source & Links
Philly Show 2014 09 28 Index
Baseball-ref
MLB/Chicago White Sox
youtube


No comments:

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions