Monday, April 4, 2016

Phillies Opening Day!

Busy Sports day for Philadelphia fans. We start out in Cincinnati where the Phillies kick off their 2016 campaign.

In honor of Opening Day I Picked up a pair of 2016 Topps OD rack packs last week, only pulled a single Phillies card but it was a fun one.

2016 Topps Opening Day #M-16 Phillie Phanatic

Over the years I have come across a few Phanatic mascot cards, but I am not sure I ever pulled one.

The Phanatic Mascot card has some interesting info on the back...


2016 Topps Opening Day #M-16 Phillie Phanatic (b-side)

First off, Charter Member of the Mascot Hall of Fame! This makes me wonder, should the Phanatic get added to the Hall of Fame page on Phungo?

Just in case your not getting enough political coverage in this presidential election year the Phanatic card happens to mention President George W Bush. 

Yeah I thought so, well at least we have baseball back as a more pleasant distraction to argue about and I am looking forward to the 2016 season. 

Go Phillies!

 

No comments:

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions