Friday, September 10, 2010

Card Show Report 2010 08 27 - Exton Mall, Exton PA

First off before I get to the last card show I was at, I would like to mention that there is a Card Show at the Concorde Mall in Wilmington Delaware this weekend. Team Phungo will be there on Saturday probably after 2pm. I will be wearing my World Baseball Classic Shirt - thats my card show shirt - if you spot me say hello - I will likely be hunched over a dime box in a daze.

Card Show Report 2010 08 27
Now to recap the last show I was at only two weeks ago. I am really mailing this one in, but it will give you an idea of some of the stuff that is moving for cheap right now.

There were only 8-10 tables at the Exton show a few weeks back, but there were at least 4 cheap-o boxes just for me.

Phillies

The Rollins Card was $1 - this is the Green Bordered version of Rollins 09 UD Heads up card. The Alexander was a Quarter. The Rest are dimes. Those are fairly old-school minis from the 1999 and 2000 Pacific Private Stock sets. Those cards are just slim enough to fit into a mini-sheet

Dime Serials Yum

picked up about 30 topps gold cards from various years in a dime box. The Uggla is of the #/29 variety - I don't care if it is M&M, for a dime it goes in the Phungo Collection.

25/Dollar
The Hunt card had some paper loss on the back. Reggie is soft all around - but I love any card with a box score on the b-side. The Torii Hunter cards is sharp looking and will find it's way into my type collection. I have no idea who Dusty Brown is, but I love Knothole cards.

2 comments:

AdamE said...

I wish i could find Red Sox Gold Topps cards for a dime...

deal said...

There were 3 or 4 Bosox playoff related gold cards I picked out, plus a Trot Nixon. The Nixon is likely stayin in the Phungo PC, but I will set the others aside.

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions