Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy Anniversary NFL Champion 1960 Philadelphia Eagles

The 1960 NFL Champion Philadelphia Eagles are being honored prior to the teams 2010 Season opener today.

On the day after Christmas in 1960 the Eagles Defeated the Green Bay Packers 17-13. I believe it is the only playoff loss of Vince Lombardi's coaching career.

Today the 2010 edition of the Eagles are hosting the Packers once again. The Eagles will be wearing throwback uniforms to mark the occasion. I am certainly hoping they look good and play well - partially because I enjoy following the Eagles, and also as a Vikings fan I have a vested interest in rooting against the Packers.

2008 UD Masterpieces #14 Chuck Bednarik

I really loved a many of the historical shots from all four (2 baseball, 08 NFL, 08 NHL) of the Masterpieces releases. It is a shame that the product is no longer being made.

Chuck Bednarik was one of three Hall of Famers (Tommy McDonald, Norm Van Brocklin) from the 1960 Eagles team. For more info on Bednarik and this great card check my Philadelphia HOF posting from January of 2009.


No comments:

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions