Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Baseball and iPad/Smart Phone Question

Philadelphia entertainment site Philebrity just mentioned a new iPad app Pennant which appears like Baseball-Reference for a Phone or iPad.

Can somebody that is more tech savvy tell me if this is actually a step above Baseball-Ref

Couldn't I just access Baseball-ref from an smart phone?

Of course Pennant has all the pretty graphics that I don't understand. 

Spoiler Alert/Warning:  In the video portion of the site the user accesses the Joe Carter game - ugh..

1 comment:

Dick Allen Hall of Fame said...

I just looked at the app on my iPad.

It currently costs 4.99. Here is a weblink describing it. Check out the video at the bottom of the page.

Based on the information presented in the app store it looks like it is more of an iPad/Graphical version of retrosheet than an iPad version of baseball-reference.

I am going to buy it just to check it out.

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions