Monday, October 20, 2008

Bring on the Rays


2008 Topps Year In Review #YR110 B J Upton

B J Upton and the rest of the Rays have won the 2008 ALCS and will be facing the Philadelphia Phillies. I like this card because it mentions two of the Rays good young players Upton and Dioner Navarro and it is also commemorates a game where the Rays defeated the AL East Goliath New York Yankees. In the ALCS the Rays defeated the other AL East perennial champion Boston Red Sox.

The Rays are a well balanced team with good hitting, fielding, and pitching. They should present a formidable challenge for the Phils. Looking forward to the Series - just wishing it wasn't so far away.

For coverage of the Rays I will be checking in at Fielder's Choice. I am sure we will have much to talk about over the next two weeks.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Hi. Jeni recommended that I pay a visit here. Nice stuff.

I'm a Red Sox fan, so she was reading some of my sad moaning about their recent demise :-(

My totally biased opinion, as someone who follows the AL much more closely than the NL, is that the Rays will take it in 6. However, for your sake, I hope better for the Phils :-)

Dave said...

Woo hoo! Time for the World Series! Check out my World Series preview and prediction post.

I think we need to work out a card bet...

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions