Monday, April 19, 2010

Card Show Report - 2010 04 18 Granite Run Mall, Media PA - DIme Box

For my tastes I would give the Poppel.Com show at Granite Run Mall in Media a fair rating. I didn't count the tables, but I think the 50 estimate was way high, but there were several tables featuring everything but baseball cards. I only found two dealer peddling anything that I was interested in. Of course that was still good enough for me to blow $25+ on cards and close to 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon.

Today I will feature some Highlights out of the Dime Box where I threw down $10 bor roughly 100 cards.

80s HOFs

1983 Topps #370 Gary Carter
1980 Topps #335 Willie McCovey

Nice looking card of McCovey - Sick stats on the back of this card. McCovey was a Four Decade man and would only hit one more homer after this 1980 Topps card was produced. As usual the Dime Box was loaded with early 80s cards of HoF players.

Retro Cards


2003 UD Vintage # 107 Edgar Martinez
2008 UD Goudey (mini) #90 Kelvim Escobar
2006 Topps Allen & Ginter #68 Rickie Weeks
2006 Topps Allen & Ginter #311 Andy Irons

I picked up about 20 Retro/Heritage cards. Quite a few of these were from the 2006 A&G set, which are starting to show up in dime boxes finally.

Inserts



2009 Topps Heritage #NF4 News Flashbacks Dwight Eisenhower Signs Civil Rights Acts
2002 Topps T206 #206 Magglio Ordonez (mini)

I was a little surprised to find a 2009 Heritage Insert in the dime box - more proof on the lack of demand for the non-baseball cards. I picked up a handful of minis for the 02 T206 set - and finally broke down a picked up a box of sheets for the minis - now I will need to collect them more seriously. The Escobar Mini above would also be considered a mini.

Links
Willie McCovey Index

3 comments:

Jim from Downingtown said...

Deal,

Did they advertise when the next show would be? I'm about 40 minutes from that mall.

David said...

I am coming there..

deal said...

the next poppel show at the Granite Run Mall is the weekend of June 4th thru the 6th.

for more information you can go to poppel.com

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions