Monday, April 23, 2012

Card Show Report 2012 04 21 - Neshaminy Mall


1967 Topps #460 Harmon Killebrew
1967 Topps #480 Willie McCovey
1967 Topps #500 Juan Marichal

On Saturday I hit the local card show at the Neshaminy Mall.  It surprisingly turned out to be one of the better Mall shows I have been to here.  This show had a bunch of things I liked.  at least a dozen, maybe 20 dealers.  Several of them brought Vintage - so many had bargain vintage that I barely glanced at the dime Boxes. 

Faux Blaster

Instead of picking up a a Blaster of Gypsy Queen or Heritage at some big Corporate Big Box store here is what I put my $20 directly back into the economy by passing it on to a bunch of crumudgeons selling cards at the show...Ok they aren't all crumudgeons - but...well you've been to card shows before.
.
Base Cards
Big old Stack of 1971 Topps
I have been sort of working on this set in the back of my head.  But this haul should bring actively building the set more to the fore.  These are mostly commons, over 100 mostly in the lower series' but at 12/$1 they could not be passed up.  Couiple of semi-stars Dock Ellis, Messersmith, Rico Carty, Ken Brett and a few Semi-Hi numbers.  Those went for $11.  
Inserts
 
In addition to the 1967 Hall of Famers at the top of the post, I found 3 other HoF cards from various years.  
1963 Topps #43 Veteran Masters Casey Stengel & Gene Woodling
1957 Topps #59 Dick Williams
1957 Topps #85 Larry Doby

The three cards above came out of 2 separate $1 bins.  The 1967 Topps HoF cards also went for a buck.  Not only are Killebrew, Stretch, and Marichal Hall of Famers, but those cards are in a Semi-High Series.  Pulling those cards in at a buck each is like stealing.

1957 Topps #374 Don Cardwell
1963 Topps #551 Billy Klaus
1966 Topps #506 Bo Belinsky


The Three Phils are all Hi or Semi-Hi numbers.  Bo Belinsky is sort of a semi-star Hi number. 

There you have it for the same price as a Blaster, I picked up over a hundred 1971 Topps cards PLUS 9 Vintage Hits all featuring Hall of Famers or High Numbers. 

Definitely a Good Show! 

Links
Willie McCovey Index
 

2 comments:

Jim said...

Very nice pick-ups!

Spiegel83 said...

Wow! I used to attend a random show at that mall. I alsoused to hang out at the movie theater growing up.

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions