I know I have been blasting Card Show posts repeatedly over the last month and a half, but other then a possible recap next week, this should be the last one of the year.
On Saturday Team Phungo plans on hitting a new show - This is only in the interest of professional resarch - it isn't because we have a bad card habit or something like that.
This is a show sponsored by Poppel.com at the Bucks Co Technical Institute in Bristol Twp PA. I have only ever been to one previous Poppel show at the Granite Run Mall - which may have had a dozen tables. From what I understand the shows hosted at Bucks Technical are their bigger shows.
2009 Phungo #37 Chad Durbin
There are a bunch of low-level autograph guests scheduled for the show including former Phils Chad Durbin, Greg Dobbs, Wes Chamberlain, and Ben Riviera. Flyers Great Ed Van Impe and Phils Broadcaster Chris Wheeler are other notable guests.
The Show runs 9:30-3:30 and admission is $3. Autos are $10 and up. for more information clikc here and then hit the Bucks Co Technical School Tab.
On the Hunt
What will Team Phungo be looking for?
1) My first priority will be completing my 1959 Topps set. After a banner day at the Valley Forge Show last week and picking up a couple of cards on the Bay this week, I am down to the final 11 cards in this set. Part of me thinks I am in the zone, the other part of me thinks the hot streak has got to be coming to an end.
2) Phillies Vintage. I have been pretty busy working on getting my Phils vintage want list into a more user friendly form. This will get it's dry run at the Poppel show.
3) At each show, I try and add something to my Type Collection. Last week I picked up my first 1963 Fleer Card.
4) Would like to add to list of Hall of Famer's whom I have cards from their playing career collection. I have been looking at Kiner, Rizzuto and Bobby Doerr cards recently, but haven't found anything suitable in my $$ range.
5) knocking out a few checkers from my various want lists of recently issued sets.