Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Dark Knight

I always thought that action hero movies really weren't my thing, but it seems I do see a lot of them. Batman has always been the most interesting of the superhero stories to me, and for the most part I have enjoyed whatever incarnations of Batman I have seen - TVs Adam West, Tim Burton, and Batman Begins.

I found Dark Knight, while pretty grim and dark, to still be a fun ride and that was occasionally confusing. There were many layers of betrayal and the never-ending endings. I expected more of the highly doubted movie, but I still give "Dark Knight" a thumbs up.

Plus
Lots of action and I did not find the CGI affects overwhelming as often happens in the new actions films. Temps were in the Hi 90s all day across the mid-atlantic -very good day to take in a flick.

Movie conflicted w/ Saturdays Phils game which turned out being quite painful from what I understand.

Meh
"Small" soda ran $4.50 @ the movies. .

Blahblahblah
"The Dark Knight" seemed to be pretty violent, and carry some pretty heavy themes for PG-13.

coda

There has been a lot of excitement about Heath Ledger's performance in "The Dark Knight". Curiosity will always surrounds those who die very young (or very old) and this obviously influences ones perception of the actor and the part. I bought Ledger as the Joker, but I was not overwhelmed by the performance.

No comments:

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions