Thursday, January 24, 2013

2013 Phungo Cards Jimmy Rollins

Last week the World Baseball Classic rosters were announced. One of players selected for the USA Roster was Jimmy Rollins.

2013 Phungo #11 Jimmy Rollins

This Phungo card is a bit different then any of the typical pix we have gotten. Action shots are tough to get under ideal conditions. Most games I get to are nights which cuts down on the light available.  This shot is from the Phils 2012 home opener. Rollins was 2-4 that day, but right now I can't remember if this was one of the two hits.

All those factors contribute to the oddity of the shot - and it ending up on a Phungo Cards.  I take lots o pix, but during the game, I am typically watching the action. So for me gettng photos of the bat n ball at point of contact is pretty rare. 

There is a lot of awkwardness in the pix - the ball is practically off frame, Jimmy is at an odd angle almost back to the camera.  But I think the shot works. There is action, color, and a star player.  What more do you need out of baseball card?   


No comments:

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions