Thursday, October 3, 2013

2012 Panini Prizm #29 Clayton Kershaw

Tonight the NLDS Phase of the playoffs kickoff. The Late game features the Braves with Kris Medlen on the mound versus the Dodgers who send out the best pitcher in the league, Clayton Kershaw.

2012 Panini Prizm #29 Clayton Kershaw

Clayton Kershaw was the Cy Young winner in 2011 and was runner up to the RA Dickey Show in 2012.  This year Kershaw is among the leading candidates once again - He is led the League in ERA (1.83!!), Ks, ERA+, as well as Lowest WHIP.

2012 Panini Prizm

Panini Prizm really isn't my thing. 

I think Panini Prizm went for $3 for a 4 card pack. A bit beyond the Team Phungo budget. One thing I don't understand about cards that are not MLB licensed is the sticker price. I mean if your not paying MLB megabucks for an exclusive, why do your cards cost just as much (and more) than Topps.  I don't get it.

Prizm are higher card stock - chromium cards to be specific. Which is nice but bumps up costs a bit.

The biggest reason I am not a Prizm collector isn't the license nor is it the money.  I just have never been a fan of the sets where every card is one of the players image is taken totally out of the the picture it has originated.  I prefer a card werhe I can see the field or stadium and try and figure out where and when the game was played. All that being said this Kershaw card has a fine photo of the lefty as did the remaining cards in the small "pack".

Sources
Baseball-ref.com
Dodgers Blue Heaven

 
 

   

No comments:

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions