Sunday, October 25, 2009

Phungo Cards - Torii Hunter

2009 Phungo #48 Torii Hunter

I have always been a big fan of Torii Hunter going back to his days with the Twins. He is a quality hitter with pop that plays the outfield well.

I'll be rooting for the Earth Angels tonight to stretch out the ALCS to a 7th game. The truth is I would like to see the Phillies get the opportunity to play the Yankees. However, I am well aware there is a lot of upside for the Phillies if the Yankees cannot start Captain Cheeseburger in game 1. So for tonight Go Angels.

The photo on the Phungo card is from a game at Citizen's Bank last year. Hunter's lone hit was a double off Adam Eaton during one of Eaton's many miserable starts. The Angels won the game 7-1 behind a 2-hit performance by the Ervin Santana and a pair of relievers.

Also I wanted to remind folks to not forget that the 2nd Inning of the Spot the Sig! Contest will be happening tonight. I have a posting scheduled to go up by 9:30pm eastern.

No comments:

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions