Sunday, December 29, 2013

Goodbye Metrodome

This afternoon the Minnesota Vikings host the Detroit Lions in their final game at the Metrodome.



1997 11 02 Team Phungo at the Metrodome

I know this sounds a little funky, but my football squad is the Minnesota Vikings. Today they close the building that served as their home for the past 3+ decades. Twice in the late 1990s I was fortunate enough to make the pilgramage out to Minneapolis to see the Vikings play - Yep that is a younger thinner version of me in the braids - My friend Sluggo (everybody has a friend that goes by Sluggo right) is wearing the Pats jersey.  The Vikings beat the Patriots that day 23-18, Cris Carter had a 4th quarter TD for the good guys, The Vikings QB was Brad Johnson. Back then New England was pre-Tom Brady and we got to see Drew Bledsoe at the helm.  

Twins   
A few years ago we put together one of my favorite postings regarding the Twins last game at the Metrodome - check it out here


Sources
cnnsi.com
football-ref.com 

No comments:

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions