Saturday, June 20, 2009

Better than the Swimsuit Issue - Swag from Autographed Cards featuring Zack Greinke!!!

I have lots of autographed cards but I didn't have any Autographed SI covers, but I do now!!!

2009 05 05 Sports Illustrated Zack Greinke Autograph

Zman40 over at Autographed Cards ran a recent contest featuring this terrific prize of an SI issue autographed by the Royal young superstar pitcher Zack Greinke. It was my kind of contest, and involved calculating what Greinke's ERA would be after a pair of starts. Math and Baseball - thats for me, and I am really proud of having come up with the second closest guess. The actual answer was 1.72. I guessed 1.60, To be honest, I forget how I arrived at 1.60 and I know it is a higher guess than I wanted, but most of the lower numbers were taken.

Autographed Cards as one can conjecture from the name has tons of autographs plus some good tips and ideas on collecting autographs.

I was particuarly happy to see this post regarding the College World Series. This is an event I have always wanted to attend but it just hasn't gotten high enough on the priority list yet.

Thanks to Zman40 for running the contest and awarding team Phungo this great prize. This is certainly going to be one of the centerpieces of my collection.

1 comment:

zman40 said...

I'm glad you like it. It was my first signed SI as well.

I think I may have jinxed Grienke by having this contest, though.

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions