Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Pack of the Decade 2009 Topps 206 Retail

Haven't seen anything out there that really makes me want to collect this product. I was at Target over the weekend and picked up a single retail pack for $3.17 including PA Sales Tax. Here are the Highlights:



(click to enlarge)
#145 David DeJesus - First card of the year - I can deal with that one.
#261 Johnny Damon - My Favorite Yankee Will go into my Damon Collection
#26 Chien-Ming Wang - not pictured
#138 mini Elvis Andrus - Piedmont Back
#130 Bronze Honus Wagner - Not a bad bronze to get
#187 Travis Hafner - not pictured.

Not a bad pack. No Phillies and No surprises. I doubt I will collect this set or even collect a single player per team from the set. Like a lot of other folks I am a bit retroed out of the non-Topps style cards. I am not real excited about 2010 Heritage either - the 1961 design doesn't do a lot for me.

Regardless it is fun to get the first pack of the year under my belt.

Sources and Links
Johnny Damon Index

No comments:

a thousand words

a thousand words
2008 World Champions